From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided] On Behalf Of
Matt Swartz
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 9:26 AM
To: alfa-digest@domain.elided
Subject: [alfa] Buying a GTV6 in the rust belt

I'm currently Alfa-less and virtually all of my past Alfa experience is
with Bosch-injected Spiders, but a coupe or sedan would better suit me
now.

I've read about all that I could find on the internet regarding buying a
GTV6, but there has been relatively little about specific rust issues
with the car.  I've located a GTV6 (w/ parts car!) which seems quite
solid (albeit w/ badly oxidized original paint) but I just wanted to tap
the collective knowledge of the AD regarding on what may lie beneath.
In what hidden areas does rust tend to lurk on these cars, especially
that of a structural nature?

Thanks for the help!

Joe Swartz