Re: [alfa] Engines

Well since I don't know what your question is exactly, I'll just tell you
that I had a good experience buying a 3.0L 75 engine from Britain a few
years ago.  I bought it from a guy named Vince Bhachu (www.gtvince.com)
and he sea freighted it to me.  I live in Columbus, OH, which is not,
obviously, on the main waterways so I had it freighted down from Detroit
by truck still under customs bond.  Took it through customs in Columbus,
installed it in my car, and have been driving it for 2 years.  The cost
was at the time very reasonable.  The motor was $1100 and shipping ran
about $450 with all the handling fees and transfers (much cheaper to get
it at the port).  I put about $300 into new seals, gaskets, water pump,
timing belt, tensioner, and that was about it.  Vince has other engines
available, too, and can find them.  He took his time but got me a really
nice motor for a reasonable cost.  At the time a decent, running Verde was
going for $3500-4000 so it was a good deal.  What I got was the motor,
alternator, both computers, wiring harness, AFM, top of the airbox, and
the rear engine mount casing.

Two guys in the club here bought a pair of Twinspark 75 engines from a guy
in Italy and had them shipped.  I think they ended up being about $900
each including shipping (they shipped together).  They had a very good
experience and one of them is currently being installed in a GTV6.  One of
them reads the digest and may fill in more details if he wants to.

The long and short of it is that you can get anything you want to get if
you are willing to do some work getting it here and willing to wait a
little while, and pay a fair sum.

Hope that helps
Karl