[alfa] RE: Converter failure postmortum

 No idea if this is typical or not since I'm not sure just
 how cats. are assembled at the factory.  But my guess is
 that the front honeycomb slowly disintegrated and filled
 the front of the back honeycomb section until the process
 accelerated and clogged the rearward section completely.

 Does this sound like this could happen?

 Bruce

 '86 Spider '73 GTV
Yep. Happened to me twice. Don't know how old your broke aftermarket cat is/was, but cats seem to be better now - go get an approved cat, and enjoy ( they are also much better at flowing than 10 years ago... )
The current one has been on for ~ 11 years, just passed smog in 2003.
--

jeff clark
82 Spider Veloce