Re: [alfa] Re: Inner fender panel - Spider

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 20:59:18 -0400 Kevin Trent <trentkc@domain.elided> wrote:

> At 12:36 PM 10/21/04 +0000, you wrote:

> ><snip>
> >I'd recommend blowing out the dust, etc. behind the panel, maybe even
> >using brake cleaner and then POR.  One person I know went so far as to
> >fill the bottom of the void with "Great Stuff" expanding urethane foam
> >to seal it. Interesting idea, but Great Stuff can make a god-awful mess
> >when it expands if you're not careful. (Might be an interesting idea for
> >Milano rear wheel arches, however!)

> I didn't see a reply to this suggestion on using expanding urethane foam as
> a sealer.

well, my wife used to use it to fill rust holes in the trunks of her various
Ford Maverick winter beaters. it worked good for that, kept stuff from
falling out.

i had been talking to a body shop guy about how to protect the seams on
milano rear wheel arches. he has a urethane sealer that he was going
to use (and i expect he will, when he repairs the rear end damage on the
car over the next couple of weeks.

richard