Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 08:57:02 +1300
From: White Anthony <anthony.white@domain.elided>
Subject: RE: [alfa] Racing & brakes

Al Mitchell asked:
"What kind of brake fluid does everybody here use?"

I can't vouch for anybody else, but Elf XT3167 is the best value for money
fluid that I've found. It has low compressibility, and a dry boiling temp of
307 degrees Celsius. The top end brake fluids, Brembo LCF600 Plus and
Castrol SRF have dry boiling points of 316 degrees C and 310 degrees C
respectively, and are about twice the price of the Elf fluid.
Regards,
Anthony White
Wellington, NZ