Re: [alfa] Stainless shims/Race report

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 13:29:38 +0000 Allen Mitchell <allenom@domain.elided> wrote:
> I have been running some stainless shims on my rear brakes for a couple of
> races now.  I haven't noticed any big difference in braking yet, but I am
> going to make up a set for the fronts, and try them out at tracks that are
> tough on brakes (Kershaw, Road Atlanta).

in theory, the difference will come at tracks where you were having
problems with boiling fluid. for me, that would be watkins glen.
summit point might have the same issues; i never raced the alfetta
there.

in an alfetta, i'd worry about fronts. i never had fluid boil problems
with fresh fluid in a milano (except for once at mid-ohio), the
milano having the same rears as the alfetta but much bigger, better
cooled fronts.

richard