[alfa] Zirconium oxide and brake plates

I may regret writing this because I doubt that I can get any, but I work in
a nuclear fuel fabrication plant (probably the biggest in the world based on
annual throughput) and we use LOTS of zirconium. We also have a patented
method of making a critical section of the zircalloy fuel tubes resistant to
abrasion by coating it with zirconium oxide. It is a very simple process and
just involves heating the zirc. in air. Zircalloy is easy metal to work
with. We send a lot of scrap zircalloy for recycling. It may go to our
zirconium foundry and metals plant in Ogden Utah. I don't know if any of it
goes to ordinary scrap metal merchants. I can make some inquiries if anyone
wants to try to use it for brake parts.

Ed Prytherch, Columbia SC