[alfa] Hard starting Spider

Hi All,

My '87 Spider cranks for a long time after sitting before starting. I have tested the Bosch components and everything checks out as okay. When it is cranking the fuel pump switches on and the car will eventually start. I am thinking it is a fuel problem. Is there a check valve that keeps pressure at the fuel rail? My hypothesis is that as the car sits, the fuel pressure is not maintained and that the pump needs to build the pressure up before the car will start. Does anyone have any input on this and the cause of my problems.

Thanks,
Chris
Miami, FL