[alfa] Spider Trunk Lid Spring

Dear Alfisti:
The subject is the trunk lid spring for an 87 Spider that gizmo hidden under the rear deck that is attached to the hinges and holds up the trunk lid.
Mine has sprung out of place a couple times now, and Im no longer sure how it is supposed to be attached.  I dont know that any parts are broken, but the bracket on the passenger side hinge has rotated 90 degrees out from where it should be, and the spring has jumped out of its support under the deck.  I get strange stressful creaking noises trying to open or close the trunk (so I do it as little as possible!), and of course it does not stay up.
I have the IAP Workshop Manual and have looked in vain for information about the spring.  Unit 56 "Hoods" talks about removal, replacement and adjustment of the trunk lid, replacement of the opening control cable (and what to do if it breaks), but fails to mention the spring at all.
Can anyone tell me where to get a schematic for the trunk lid spring?

Dave Martin
Endwell NY