[alfa] Re: alfa-digest V10 #357

At 08:17 PM 10/4/2004, you wrote:
alfa] Poly Bushings  = Noise, Vibration, and Harshness?
I don't think Bob bought this part from me, but in the finest Alfa Digest tradition, here is my $.02 on the matter anyway .......
In my experience, NVH reaction seems to be variable - i have not had any? complaints directly back on this part, but my supplier said they had and so they developed a softer bush to compliment the original offering. on my site, www.performatek.com both are listed. Interestingly, they did not change the small end bush, claim it had no real effect on NVH, or more accurately, the softening of the larger one was sufficient.
As i said, i have not had any direct complaints - however, that does not mean people were not disappointed. In any case, there seems to be a broad range of what people find acceptable (or will tolerate). I do know that some actually like the more direct feel. There may even be a range of what individual cars feed back. FWIW, the softer bush does have a noticeable effect in taming NVH issues.
They do last waaaaay better than the OEM pieces.

andy kress