To: <jdaezhung@domain.elided>
Cc: <alfa-digest@domain.elided>
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2004 6:58 PM
Subject: [alfa] re: low readings on speedo and tach

Easiest way that i know of to check is to drive around and find one of the
"this is your speed" things that police like to put everywhere. Then just
drive at it at various speeds and see if your speedometer is correct. the
radar-trailer should read up to 99 w/out trouble, so you should be able to get
a good idea about if your speedometer is off.

kyle in houston

A couple months ago I traced a broken speedo and tach problem to
breaks in the flexible circuit. I have finally got the car running on the
road now ('88 Spider Veloce), and the speedo and tach now "work"
(the needles move), but both seem to indicate abnormally low. Am I
imagining things?
John Hung
Auburn, AL