[alfa] The sudden death of A/T Transmission

Hello Alfisti

Car (164L) was driving fine, and then started to shift
slow and the last = mile from home was real slow and
now when engaging 1,2,3 & D car barely moves.  It
works fine in reverse.

Car was setting for 3 years with only 50K on a bad
engine.  Another engine was transplanted with success,
but now this.

When I got home, I changed the oil and cleaned the
filter.  There was not much dirt, but the oil smelled
like something was burned such as the smell of burned
clutch disk on the manual trannys.

Possible causes are over heated, but there was no
light to indicate so.  Other possibility if it was
driven with low trans oil previously.

I looked at the manual, but it does not offer much.
It points to changing the control unit.

Trans is new territory for me, so I am not sure where
to start, except to take it out and rebuild it.

Looking for help from those who have been there.

Abe
88 Milano Gold
91 164L