Re: [alfa] Rubber belts, chains and other kinky things

> I can't think of anything nice to say about rubber timing belts though.
>
> Biba
They are probably quiet, and apparently represent less loss of power...

They are un-forgivable only when coupled with an interferrence engine.

**********************************************>

> I had no idea that the Goggomobil used a timing belt.  I'll be
> darned.  If you don't count microcars, I believe the timing belt made
> its debut in Glas's 1300GT of 1963.
>
> - -Joe

Is there a chance we are all talking about the same thing -- I do remember
driving through the town of the Glas factory (do not remember which one,
though -- along the Romantischer Strasse..), but were Glas and the
Goggomobile made by the same people?

(Brian's search presumably is correct...)

rmb