Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 15:18:05 +0000
From: "Allen Mitchell" <allenom@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] Tensioner

I have been running the Zat tensioner on 2 race engines for about 3 years. I have not noticed a huge difference in tension betwen cold and hot. I set
the tension to about 1/4 inch of belt deflection between the cam pulleys
with the motor cold. Now, I live in South Carolina, so the motor is usually
not colder than about 70 degrees. Also, I am not 100% sure that the timing
belts experience a large amount of stretching. After initial installation,
I do not find myself needing to retension the belts.
Again, these observations are on race motors, not daily drivers.

Thanks,
Al