[alfa] Trailing arm bushings

Thanks to all who gave me hints on how to change the trailing arm bushings.
Those who said that the hardest part was getting the old bushings out were
absolutely right. I decided to not have a barbeque to burn the old bushings
and instead cut the old rubber out. After trying the hacksaw as recommended
by some, I said "why am I using a tool designed to cut straight and trying
to cut in a curve". At that point, I went to the hardware store and bought
1 1/2" and  1 3/4" holes saws. These worked great and coming in from both
sides cut the plug of rubber right out in about 1/4 the time. You do need a
high torque drill. Then a couple cuts with a Sawsall in the old outer sleeve
(careful, don't cut the arm in half) and some hammer and chisel work and all
was out. Poly bushings slipped right in and the arms back on.
Thanks again for the info,
Ed Mackey
Las Cruces, NM   USA