[alfa] Power Steering Leak Alfa 164

Alfisti,

Yesterday morning, the power steering on my 1991 Alfa 164 quit.  I checked the reservoir and found that it was empty.  I filled it.  Within one mile, the reservoir was empty again.  I found leaking fluid under the car.  I lifted the front end of the car and looked towards the source of the leak.  It appears to be at the area of the steering rack where the delivery hose and return hose enter the rack mechanism beneath the steering wheel lower universal joint.   However, with the amount of fluid on various parts thereat, I cannot identify the exact source of the leak.

Is the leak coming from one of the two hoses,  out of the rack or somewhere else?  I am aware that the area can be worked upon by removing the left wheel and the two inside fender covers.  If it is one of the two hoses, are replacement hoses available?  What other advice do you have?  Has anyone else had this experience?

Please advise.

Otto F. Schug
schugof@domain.elided