Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 19:17:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: Alan Lambert <lechefgerard@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] re re re no more than 5000 rpm

Hello everyone--

First, a non Alfa question. If you look at the address portion of the
header, I have sent this to two different Alfa Digest addresses. Are
they both good? Or is there a preferred one?

I have now checked fuel pressure up to and including the "cut-off"
point of 5000 rpm. It's fine, nothing changes as the engine begins to
sputter. I am curious, however as to why the pressure goes up from some
30 psi to about 45 psi as I rev the engine up. Is there some signal to
the pressure regulator or pump that tells it to increase pressure as
rpm's go up?

It has been suggested that the problem may be electrical in
nature--that somehow the drain on the electrical system goes up as the
rpm's do and therefore we lose spark. How would I check that?

Any other suggestions????????

Thanks, all

=====
Best Regards,