[alfa] Re: alfa-digest V10 #315

Hi all,

Can anyone point me in the direction of directions for
replacing the gear shift boot on a 1978 spider? I
ordered one, but it came with no instructions of any
kind. Does the whole console come off? I see only two
screws, on either side down at the bottom front.
Thanks

While we're at it, I ordered a new coolant overflow
reservoir and cap--likewise no instructions. Mine is
kind of taped on and dilapidated. Surely there was
some kind of bracket or band that held the original in
place? Are these available?  Don't know why they are
missing.

Colin

1978 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
2001 VW Passat

The Alfa (at twice the mileage) is the more reliable
car.