Re: [alfa] Re: 77 GTV Drive Shaft problem

Jason:

Gwynne is Right. Alfetta's (Sprint Veloce's) 116 29 and 116 58 (I think
that's the sedan) donuts crack and 'spirited' driving stresses them and
they crack or break or chunk.  My Alfetta GT (1975 116 29) would go
about 25,000 miles and Bang! (usually when someone else was test driving
it <g>) Milano didn't have that problem. Alfetta Sedan automatic
transmission didn't either. I think the shifts were gentler on the
driveline when controlled by the automatic. We sure liked to kick it
down a gear to hear it roar and have that rush of speed. It was the
first Alfa Diana had as a daily driver, and she'd come home grinning and
say, "I took the long way home made my car be an Alfa . . ."

Good luck, when you change one, change all three and make sure you mark
the drive shaft before you disassemble it. Also, be aware of the center
support alignment as it can hasten wear if not correct.

Best Wishes,
Bernie Bennett
Brenham, TX