[alfa] Re: Don Ereminas? contact info, Columbo cams

In a message dated 8/25/04 11:43:36 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 23:12:55 -0400
> From: "Dean W. Cains" <dwc@domain.elided>
> Subject: [alfa] Don Ereminas?
>
> Hi Group:
>
> Anyone have contact info for Don Ereminas?  Thanks
>
> Dean
> Lutz, FL
> '74 &'87 Spider Veloce's

I just talked to him. Phone is 1-800-253-2468. He's downsizing so you may get
the answering machine. Great guy! I talked to him at some length about
Columbo cams. They come in two flavors, 10.9mm lift and 12mm lift. Columbos are
short duration, high lift cams as opposed to Pittatore cams which have more
duration at 11mm lift. The 10.9s are fine with SPICA, and he has one customer who
"claims" that his car runs great with the 12mm lift cams and a stock SPICA pump.
However, he himself, has never done it and says if anyone wants to try it,
they're on their own. I will make an attemp to talk to the 12mm guy. New cams
are $500 a pair. Incidently, there was a guy on eBay who had a used set for $350
starting bid, ended yesterday with no bids.
Stevan Thomas
73 Berlina Veloce