[alfa] International Auto Parts

Les Singh asks: "What's with IAP? Anybody been in touch with them lately? I ordered stuff from them and got an acknowledgement on June 17 but still no delivery, and they're not replying to email."

********

I'm surmising Les ordered something they have on back order. Several months ago I ordered four pairs of the small molded Spider door drains and small rear door gasket. Didn't pay much attention until I went to drop them in to the various car's Door boxes. They were all for the right side. I sent half back and received the front ones in a week or two along with a note the rear seals were on B/O. Later received a card saying they would arrive on 8/15. Then received another double card a couple of weeks later asking if I wanted to cancel the order or have them ship once it arrived. I checked the ship when ready and dropped in the mail. They arrived on the 13th.

My point is I was amazed at how much effort they went to to make sure I was satisfied. I just ordered a set of springs and and Koni reds for Straw colored '69 Spider from IAP. Ordered last Friday, was told they'll be here Friday or Monday. I assume they will be. One advantage of calling them directly - though not too handy for those on the other side of the world - is I can find out what is in stock as I order each item.

Should they not arrive, I'll let you all know, but feel they are definitely in business.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA

Another possibility is they might have a lot of help on vacation and are short handed, but admit an order in since June is not a good thing.