Re: [alfa] Elizabeth's battery

I don't find drained batteries to be a problem, I can drain my batteries whenever I want. But seriously, folks... When you combine an electrical system that is questionable at best with lighting that is not loser friendly and then plug it into a 55 amp alternator, you're going to have problems.

No, a perfect spider in perfect condition with perfect will not drain a perfect battery. But as any Italian car owner knows, perfection is second to "character" and it is doubtful that ANYBODY has a completely faultless spider. This of course does not include those who invest in Q-Tips and drive only on grass. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's not one single thing, such as lights or shorts or long pants, but rather so many little things that all work together to create a hazardous working environment for even the toughest battery.

Of course, there are always solar trickle chargers, but those get stolen from convertibles

Good luck
Ben Kaupp, Santa Cruz
'78 Spider (battery designed for off-grid homes stolen from my store, while Optima recovers from my stupidity)