Re: [alfa] No kickdown above 50 MPH

Some day I'll get me a Merkur...

This actually might be a feature of your slushbox - I know my mom's Jag (also a Ford box) won't kickdown, to prevent itself from overreving. According to FordPowerProducts.com, you have "overspeed downshift protection" and a "manual kickdown lever."

Good luck
Ben Kaupp
'78 Spider (parked next to an XR4Ti some days, does that count?)