[alfa] Low pressure AC hose insulation

I've been planning on insulating the refrigerant hoses under the hood of my GTV-6, and I've got one question for the collective wisdom of the digest: Should I or should I not insulate the low pressure hose that runs from the evaporator to the firewall? My first thought is yes, I should insulate any hose carrying refrigerant which is at a lower temperature than its surroundings. But then it occurred to me that higher temperature refrigerant going into the compressor means higher temperature refrigerant coming out of the compressor, which means a greater temperature difference between the condensor and ambient, right?

Joe Elliott
'82 GTV-6