[alfa] Window Channel Liner

Hi Folks,
	I finally got around to fixing the hatcheted door panels in my 88
spider veloce (P.O. and some evil stereo installer).  I noticed while I
was in there that the channel for the rear guide of the passenger side
window was off and sitting in the bottom of the door.  This is just the
rubber and felt channel liner, the metal channel itself was still guiding
the window correctly.
	I had noticed that the passenger window had always cocked itself
tight against the vent window channel when it reached the top of its
travel, and always moved a bit slower than the driver's window (they're
both power windows).  I thought that maybe by inserting the rubber channel
liner back into the metal channel, it would fix things.  Unfortunately,
once I got it in there, the motor was simply not strong enough to close
the window anymore.
	I'm sure I had it in correctly.  I couldn't find any and
adjustability in the window system that would allow for less compression
on the glass (and hence presumably less friction).  Does all this mean
that my window motor is failing?  Is there some secret adjustment that I
just didn't fathom?  Is there some product with whih to treat the rubber
channel liner that will make it work smoother?  If yes on any of these,
advice on how to go about it would be much appreciated....

thanks,
	Don Banfield

Don Banfield					Senior Research Associate
banfield@domain.elided                   Cornell University Astronomy