[alfa] re: 164 blower trouble

hi antonio,

afaik, there's no fuse for this.  there is a device
(relay? resistor?) that resides inside (attached to
the outside of) the hvac box between the windshield &
the firewall on the passenger side, below the a/c
receiver/drier.  it's attached to an aluminum-finned
heatsink about the size of a pack of cigarettes.
plugs in to the wiring harness w/a fitted plug.  this
part failed on my 164 when the heater fan itself was
getting hung up due to shot bearings.  failure of the
heating fan caused the device itself to fail, so that
when i finally got around to replacing the fan, it
still wasn't working.

it's extremely difficult, but not impossible, to
remove this device w/o pulling the a/c drier, hvac
box, etc, out of the car.  there's four li'l screws
that hold it in; pull out the mini firewall for better
access...

hth,

doug s.
================================
<<<<<<<<My heater blower stopped working today.  I
hope it is simply a fuse and not the motor.

Is there a ballast resistor involved for the various
speeds?

I took a quick look at the fuse box and did not spot
any burned fuse.  Could the fuse be located elsewhere
in the car?  If any of you has had this problem and
solved it, I would welcome any suggestion that would
lead me quickly to the problem area(s).
http://mail.yahoo.com