[alfa] Re: Concorso-Pebble Beach-Laguna Seca: Traffic = TIMING

That's all fine and good if one is a spectator. But if you are an
exhibitor, as I was, you HAVE to be there, and in place, by 8:30 AM.
They need some way to separate the exhibitor traffic from the spectator
traffic so that exhibitors don't end-up sitting in traffic for more
than an hour. Many of these Italian thoroughbreds weren't designed to
sit in traffic, and the number of valuable and beautiful cars that I
saw on the side of the road with boil-overs (I saw one Ferrari Dino
actually puff his lump right in front of me) shows that the problem
must be solved or these people won't be back. My GTV-6, I'm happy to
report, handled the 1 hour, 36 minutes that I spent crawling along Gen.
Jim Moore Parkway without the temp gauge ever going over the middle
mark (175 degrees F), I.E. no problems. But *I* wasn't so lucky. I
boiled over early-on and it took me at least an hour to cool down. Not
good.

George Graves
'86 GTV-6 3.0 'S'