[alfa] Milano - Occasional no start; was clutch slave removal

Pat

I get this problem on our 75/Milano and obviously its been going on a
while because the came with a pushbutton-switch mounted on the steering
column shroud, on the flat part in the centre below the column and
facing upwards towards the steering wheel - obviously purpose designed
by Mr Alfa for this failure mode!!! :-) I don't think that the no-start
has anything to do with connections at the starter: when the starter
doesn't turn with the ignition switch, I use the button and it fires up
each time. It apparently is not an ignition switch problem either: I
changed the switch and it was still there...????? Any ideas anybody?
Could it be those pesky relays and all the other useless bits such as
the coloured plastic thingos that live under the dash in the little box
with the light .... Man, I hate the electronics in this car!!!
Give me a Berlina/GT Veloce/early 70s Spider any day!

Les Singh
In Wellington , New Zealand where there's snow on the hills and
preparations are taking place for "King Kong"