[alfa] 164 Brake Pad Fiasco

I've only had two things go wrong on ebay. Both involve current Alfa Main
Dealers

The first is when I bought a tow bar advertised as for Alfa 164 by Roadside
Garage in N. Ireland. Turns out it is for a Q4 only, a model never sold here.
They never mentioned this on ebay, and frankly Q4s are so rare anyway here I
never thought to ask. The dealer principal agreed to look into it initially,
but eventually stopped responding to my polite emails requesting redress.

This weeks fiasco involved Desira Cars who are disposing of 164 spares. They
advertised 164 brake pads on ebay. once bitten etc.. I asked whether they
would fit a 164 24valve. "yes" they said. I bid and won.

1) The first set that arrived were for an Alfa 147.
2) The second set they sent were for a 164 Twin Spark (Smaller pads)
3) The set that arrived yesterday fit the calipers just
fine.......Whoopeee........Not Quite. The pad wear indicator on the original
pads has two wires and a twin female socket plug. The pads that arrived are
single wire and have a single male plug

It seems all the packs had the same part number written on.......good grief
Charlie Brown

I've just about had enough of these clowns. Does anyone know if I can adapt
the wear indicator, bearing in mind it is an MOT failure item have have it non
functioning or on all the time..or do I have to send them back yet again? So
near yet so far.

Sigh...double sigh...reach for bottle of whisky (in my mind at least)

Any advice welcomed

Tim Hancock  Boston UK

164TS
164Super