[alfa] Re: 164 owner survey

What to buy to match a 164 variant? A difficult choice which I am going
through. Just did 3500 miles in my 2001 Audi A4T and it was a blast. Fast cruising,
33 mpg, and very comfortable although not as good as my LS leather seats.
Much better air conditioning esp. in 100+ temperatures and no worries about
overheating ! 12 airbags and fabulous
handling gave me some consolation after seeing some very bad fatal accidents
(SUVs !!!).
Would even consider another Audi especially an RS6 (M3 killer!) but now
getting very pricey. As an alternative (for a family car) then give thought to the
new Passat - every bit as good as an Audi and the new Nissan Altima is getting
rave reviews. For a smaller choice then the VR6 GTi.
Although taking a 164(LS) on long road trips is a fabulous experience, there
is also the worry about breakdowns and parts, and poor gas mileage but on the
positive side you will not see another one in 10,000 miles, and you'll get
lots of