[alfa] RE: was valve cover gasket for spider now oil cap

Grahan wrote:
IMHO that the reason the cap is loose and thus leaking is that the rubber
ring seal in the cap is old and hard.

Certainly could be an old seal.  Maybe not. I recently bought a brand new
OEM oil cap, and I still have a little leakage down the side of the valve
cover, right from the cap.  I have been meaning to "Bend It Like Brian",
myself.  Point being, even a fresh seal doesn't seal if it's not fully
compressed. I agree w/ Graham that we shouldn't 1/2 ass repairs, but bending
the 2 metal tabs here is hardly a risky, racing-style fix.

Jonathan Thames
Seattle