[alfa] Fast 78 Alfetta GT for sale in Seattle

My car since 2000 and until last fall it was my daily driver. In the spring
of 2001 the 2nd gear syncro life is changing directions and I have decided
to sell my fast and dependable Alfetta. I've had the mechanism decided to
explode prompting a rebuild of the transmission with new syncro rings and
one new bearing. Also replaced the center support bearing and mount with new
pieces. Then in the spring of 2003 the engine developed a coolant leak and I
decided to take the engine from my Spider race car project and install it.
The engine has a pair of really sweet 12 mm Colombo & Bariani cams that work
great with the Spica fuel injection and while I was at it I also installed a
lightened flywheel, a light weight gear reduction starter from an '88 Spider
and a fresh Bosch distributor with Crane electronic ignition. This engine
transformed the car quite dramatically and led me to install really heavy
Shankle front and rear anti sway bars, Bilstein shock absorbers, Brembo
aluminum front calipers and take the car to the track. The car does
amazingly well on the track and has embarrassed lots of BMW M3s and other
cars that are supposed to be a lot faster. Late last year the car developed
a driveline clunk and this spring I finally had time to give it attention
and replaced all three Guibos and seals as well as the rear engine mount and
shifter bushings. I also disassembled, cleaned and inspected the CV joints
and reassembled with good moly grease and new boots. The driveline was
assembled with new nylock nuts and is smooth as butter now and mechanically
the car is in really excellent shape, the body on the other hand has some
rust and the left front fender is a little rough and the car is priced
accordingly, basically I'm selling the engine and all the good mechanical
pieces at a huge discount and throwing in the body for free! I am also
moving and extremely motivated to sell this car since there is really no
place to park it at my new house. If sold separately the engine alone would
be worth more than I'm asking for the whole car and if I had time and a
place that is what I would do but that's life and hopefully the parts if not
the whole car will be of really good use to someone. Looking for $1500 for
all.

Thomas Moll

Seattle, WA