[alfa] lucky finds...

I'm sure most subscribers to the digest have at least one
story to tell about finding an abandoned classic. I thought
I had my chance the other day, but unfortunately I'm that
lucky yet...

I was looking at a block of land for sale on Monday, and
another interested buyer was looking as well. We ended up
chatting, and it turned out he owned a Maserati 3500GT. He
told me he met someone in a small garage workshop that had
a Lancia of some description hidden under a cover out the
back. First thing I had assumed was a Beta or at best maybe
a Fulvia. He reckoned it had a V6, and was a 2 door coupe.
*Flaminia*??!?!?!

I drove around the area where he thought the garage was (he
said it was 3 years since he was last there). I found it,
and low and behold, the mechanic said he had "some sort of
Lancia out the back". I followed him out the back, he lifted
the cover... and... a 1974 Flavia sedan. "$500, its all yours.
Very original car, all trim and mechanics present, no dents,
very little rust". What he said was right, but it wasn't the
car for me.

Just wondering what other people's experiences have been with
locating classic Italian cars..?

If anyone wants the address of the garage, I'd be happy to pass
it on. He had a couple of Alfetta sedans and boxy Fiats.

~Benjamin (still looking for a Fiat Dino)
 Adelaide, Aus.