Re: [alfa] Back from a Wonderful Vacation in Italy

--- C2slayman@domain.elided wrote:

> Hi Alfisti,
> Claudia and I just got back last week from a
> glorious vacation in Italy
> (my first time, Claudia's second) with our niece
> (Kira) and nephew (Matt), who
> both just graduated from High School.  We spent time
> in Milano, Cinque Terra,
> Firenze, Venezia and Verona.  Fantastic!  I now
> regret not going on any of the
> tours Fred put together while he was active in AROC.
>  I never knew what I was
> missing.

It would be great if someone picked up where the late,
great Fred took off in this regard (it'd take the
whole executive board, a bunch of the service
directory listees and half the chapter presidents to
pick up everything Fred left).

We have been jonesing for such a vacation forever and
it is very possible we'll go next summer when our
youngest will be 6 and very likely the summer after
THAT when he'll be 7. I'd like to do more than the
Venezia-Roma-Firenze triangle. Say, maybe rerun bits
of the Mille Miglia, stop in Arese, stop in San
Gimignano (and visit Aldo Bigazzi's shop*) and maybe
Maranello/Modena.

Any thoughts?

-Joe in SoFla

* If anyone would like to visit his shop--home of
Scuderia Bigazzi, where the assorted works Alfa 156s
are prepared--contact me offlist to arrange a letter
of introduction.