[alfa] Ferrari leaving and taking Alfa....

To be honest, I would be floored if Ferrari was let go from the Fiat Group and sold Alfa....

We all know Fiat Auto is (and has been) bleeding money, but with Alfa as a small glimmer of profitability. Yes?

And we know that Ferrari (and Maserati) have been reasonably profitable for Fiat SPA.

So why would Fiat SPA 1) let a profitable arm of Auto, and 2) let profitable Ferrari go? I just don't see it. That would also make Fiat Auto that much less profitable. It may, over time, start making money again, but it would be tough when you let go money....

I know what you are thinking- Fiat SPA will force the "put" option on GM, thus part with a loss company. Again, I just can't see that happening. GM has made it public that they think Fiat has violated the contract, which would void the option. They will fight this tooth and nail. I know most of you think GM are a bunch of loosers, but right now, they do NOT have the cash to do this, and keep their recovery in "tact" (if you could call it that, ha, ha.. ;).

Just my opinion (from 1/2 way in the industry).

Eric Storhok
AA, MI

AROC Detroit Homepage: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~alfa/index.htm