Re: [alfa] alternate struts for 164's

I have finally learned that:

Monroe's struts are a Europe only part, not available in Monroe's US
distribution.
They won't even give you dimensions here in the US.  They are, however,
sensibly
the same size as the Sachs/Boge units for the shaft diameter, and the
rears seem
to accept the Sachs/Boge bump stops and boots.  Those are on my wife's
L.R.
(Monroe E4422) strut now.

I note  that Koni makes a set of strut cartridges for the older (''90
and earlier?) 164's.
They seem to be a different shaft diameter than the later Sache/Boge
struts.  Are
all of the Koni cartridges the same diameter?  I don't know that they
take the same
bump stop and boot as the Sachs/Boge, but it seems a good bet.  There's
a front
strut cartridge set on ebay.de that is interesting.
Also a set of the Monroe struts of the old style before they were
gas-charged for foaming resistance (this is the reason I think they are
gas charged
now).  I'm full up on struts now, or I'd be packing a few away for the
future.  And
I might still do it.

Michael