[alfa] A/C and Speedometer questions

When I turn on the A/C in my 1993 Spider Veloce, the cooling fans do not immediately come on. I am used to cars where the actuation of the A/C compressor causes the fans to run, (maybe at a lower speed) and then either high Freon pressure or high engine coolant temperature will switch them to high speed. Is my system working correctly?

Where does the electronic speedometer get it's electrical signal from? Is there any speedometer service shop that can correct the wildly optimistic speedometer?

Gwynne Spencer