[alfa] Re: Maserati Khamsin vs GTV-6

No you haven't underestimated the GTV-6, not the stock one, anyway. I
was talking about the original poster's 3.0 liter, not the stock 2.5.
My 220+BHP 3.0 liter will do 0-60 in about 5.9 seconds and has a
"theoretical" top speed of 159 (22mph/1000rpm in top gear X 7.25 [7,250
RPM engine ignition cutoff] = 159.5 mph). I've had her up OVER 150, so
I don't really know to what that equates, but I suspect that the car is
aerodynamically limited and probably won't actually pull ignition
cutoff in top gear. The US version of the Khamsin, OTOH, according to
my "Great Book of Sports Cars" by Dean Batchelor, has 280 BHP would do
0-60 in 8.1 seconds, and the top speed for the US version was 140, but
the Euro version will do 160. The car weighs 3620-3750 which is about
1000 pounds more than a stock GTV-6.

That's what I was going by when I made my comments.

But I agree that ideally, one should have one of each (along with about
100 other car makes and models that I would recommend having one each
of).

George Graves
'86 GTV-6 3.0 'S'