[alfa] Re: alfa-digest V10 #246

Re the Maserati Khamsin, George Graves wrote:

> Yes, it is swoopier than the GTV-6, but It's no
> faster (certainly no faster than a good 3-liter
> GTV-6 conversion), doesn't handle as well, and is
> tres cher to maintain. Count your blessings.

Maserati gave a top speed for the Khamsin of about 170
mph.  I don't know if anyone actually achieved that in
the real world, but it would certainly hit 150 without
much trouble.

Apparently I've been underestimating the GTV-6!

Seriously, comparing the Khamsin to the GTV-6 is a bit
apples to oranges:  the GTV-6 is a sports car whereas
the Khamsin (like, indeed, all Maserati exotics) is
pure grand tourer.  (So, to cover all the bases, get
one of each. :-) )

Chuck King
Chicago, IL
86 Alfa Romeo Graduate