[alfa] Engine condition update following my oil filter exploding (july)

Hi all,

I think I have saved my engine. Since my post about exploded oil filter and
oil pressure valve jammed, numerous listers have pointed out the possibility
that engine bearing no 1 could have been shot by the aluminum flakes in the
oil sump.

I have run more that 1000 km on my new engine, following two oil and filter
changes and the fix of my oil pump. Oil pressure is the same since the first
start of the engine after its rebuilt. I have to say that, the engine runs
very well, and it is very powerful. I performed the following modifications:

Head: ported and smoothed intake and exhaust ports, 45 and 30 degrees cuts of
the valve seats, modified valve guide (shorted and tip profiled), performance
valve springs and euro cams.

Block: motronic pistons; rod, pins and pistons balanced at 0.5 g of difference
(the tolerance is 8 g) and hand polished cranks.

I loss a little of low end torque, but between 3000 and 5500 rpm, oh god, the
engine and the car are like a rocket.

Spider 1986