Re: [alfa] Carbon fibre body panels

John,

Non-areospace, non-big-budget, hobbists still can get carbon fiber
(not pre-preg) relatively affordably.   You won't get the same
strength to weight ratio, or as high of quality (harder to avoid voids
in the material) but using convential epoxy layups and vaccum bagging
will result in very strong parts.   So I wouldn't be so quick to say
that these hoods are not CF.

Wether or not CF is the best material choice (depending on budget) is
another question entirely.   Other good choices might be Kevlar,
CF/Kevlar weaves, S-glass, or E-glass.  Hell if you don't care about
weight you could use chopped mat fiberglass.

--Mark
The Alfa Wiki: http://alfa.denovich.org