[alfa] Convention attendees - No need to avoid Boston.

As usual, the media has managed to scare the bejeezus out of us Bostonians and tourists, so everyone has left town or avoided Boston for this week.

I just came back to town last night and this place couldn't have been more deserted, the local TV news now runs free adverts for local restaurants saying this is one of the rare time when you can actually show up at a restaurant and be seated immediately.

The roads around the Fleet Center (old Boston Garden) are still shut down between the hours of 3-9 PM??? but the rest of Boston is quite easy to get around, far easier than it has ever been. FWIW, there is hardly ever any need to go near the Fleet center, the Bruins and Celts are barely worth watching these days and thankfully, it's off season.

If you want to visit Boston as part of your trip to/from the Alfa Convention, you need not to avoid Boston.

Std. Disclaimer: I don't work for the tourist bureau, but I do live here in downtown Boston and quite like it.

- Steve.