[alfa] Need replacement heater valve for 85 GTV6

Alfisti,

I have an 85 GTV6 with a tropic air system.  There are no longer any new heater valves available that attach to the main heater/air conditioning system; I have checked a lot of the Alfa parts suppliers.  I have checked the GTV6 Forum on the subject.  Previously, apparently Doug Sedon posted in the Digest that a Mazda 626 heater valve was similar.  However, I need the part number, car year and whether it is for a 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder Mazda.  Another person indicated a Fiat 128 (1974-1979) had a metal heater valve that could be adjusted to fit.  Other than a salvage yard, if there is a Fiat 128 still available, I do not know where to get the Fiat 128 heater valve.

Your assistance for a replacement type heater valve will be greatly appreciated.

Otto F. Schug
Columbus, Indiana
schugof@domain.elided