[alfa] administrivia: hiatus over

The Alfa Digest has been restored to normal operation. I anticipate its
continued operation for some time to come (yes, the two day break
has substantially improved my attitude.)

Note that for the next six months, my ability to keep up with the digest
will be severely limited, as I'm committed to a six month contract as
a Java programmer at the Bank of America unit in Albany that handles
the software that processes things like NYC and NY State taxes. they
have a very severe view of security, with good reason, and carrying
my laptop in, jacking it into their network, and reading my email at my
desk isn't going to happen. there are numerous things that I might
try which in this situation I haven't, because if their network security
guys are as good as I hope they are, it'll set off all kinds of intrusion
alarms and get me escorted out of the facility.

so i need the contributors to the digest to make a good faith effort
to be on their best behavior. please.

unfortunately, i'll also be missing the convention in NH. two weeks
ago I couldn't afford it. now i have no time and can't afford it. oh
well.

richard