RE: [alfa] installing roll bar on Spider

> Hi Alfisti.  I just bought a roll bar for my 86 Veloce on E
> Bay.  First time experience.  But it does not come with any
> installation instruction.  Is there anyone out there in
> Alfa-land who can help me through this?  Thanks in advance.
> By the way, really enjoy reading all the digest messages.
> Perhaps one day I can also contribute...

Did you get hardware, backing plates, or anything with the bar?

Installation on an '86 is a little tricky due to the location of the ECU.

Basically, you need to remove any cargo shelf, carpeting, etc from behind
the seats.  Put the bar into place, mark the holes, check to make sure there
are no electrical of fuel lines on the other side of the sheet metal you're
about to drill through, then drill.

You want to bolt it in using high grade bolts, and make sure you either have
backing plates or very large and strong washers on the back side.

Cut the carpet and cargo shelf to fit around the bar after it's installed.

HTH,

bs