[alfa] "chrome strips" on Series 2/early Series 3 Spider armrests

It's likely not possible to "rechrome" those strips -- they were originally
covered with aluminized mylar film.  What I did on my '83 was to take all the
old mylar off and spray paint the strips with flexible bumper paint in
"chrome silver".  Not a perfect match but pretty darn close.  I also used
flexible black bumper paint in semi-gloss black to refurb the armrest inself
and the black plastic panels that cover the power window winders.  Again, not
perfect, but pretty decent looking, durable (it's lasted 5 years!) and not
terribly expensive.

Bill Bain
AROC Atlanta
'83 Spider