Re: [alfa] Typical fuel mileage on Spider 2a

Andy:

Do you still have the SPICA fuel injection? How many Miles on your engine? Top up or down? Sounds good for a heavy foot!

We averaged 26 mpg for our 4000 mile round trip to the California National Alfa Convention 2 summers ago. Best observed mileage with AC off was 32 on a couple of legs. Because of noise we rarely drove more than 65 mph. Lots of 55 mph. This was in our fully loaded '92 automatic spider. Used to get 32 mpg from my SPICA injected Alfetta GT.

Bernie Bennett
Brenham, TX

Andy Menapace wrote:

Hey y'all,

I finally had an opportunity to check my fuel mileage without any fuel
leaks, and with proper ignition timing.  I got 27 MPG with a heavy foot.
I was excited to see such good economy.  I want to believe that good
mileage is a sign of a properly running engine... so, is 27 MPG a good
number for a 79 Spider?

Andy Menapace (lonely Alfa nut)
Brandon, MS