[alfa] Spider problem

Hello,

I have a 1989 Spider Veloce for over 7 years now.
I used to drive it only during the weekend, but since two months it has
become my daily driver.
Since yesterday when I push on the gas pedal instead of accelerating
normally, my rpm's go up really fast but the car accelerates real slow. It
was still running normal in the morning without any problems.

Any ideas what could be wrong ? I've been driving Alfa's for 13 years now
and never had a problem like that.

Thanks,

Christophe Bonnewijn
Brussels