[alfa] Stainless hardware on exhaust

I'm not a metalurgist by any means, but with all the metal fabrication we do
for the off road stuff I have learned a lot more than most people would ever
like about metals (steels mainly).
Stainless steels (in general) become VERY brittle when introduced to a high
heat source (in this case your exhaust system).  Always use a bit (a little
goes a loooong way) of anti seize on the bolts on install.

Also - while on the topic - has anyone ever tried using stainless bolts in a
cast iron exhaust
piece that is threaded (meaning the bolt threads into the cast iron)????
Good luck getting that one out.  Actually - you better have an easy out ready and
your fingers crossed because it most likely won't happen.

Steve Hartman
72 Afla GTV - long overdue project
89 Ford Frankenstein (was a ranger) - off road race project
91 Ford Exploder - gets me to the races and give me somewhere to sleep when
there
70 Ford F-250  - parts donor

In a message dated 7/6/2004 7:39:56 PM Pacific Standard Time,