[alfa] Shipping a '93 Spider Veloce

I want to ship a 1993 Spider Veloce from Texas to Florida. It has a black canvas top. The prices I am getting for enclosed carrier shipping are very high - for instance $545 open carrier, $995 for enclosed carrier, a $450 difference.

Would anyone care to comment on the risks of open carrier transport - especially anyone with actual car shipping experience.

Gwynne Spencer